Portico Library & Gallery, Manchester
March 4th - 29th 2014 - 8 framed prints
Photo Review. Amateur Photographer Competition 3rd Place - The Night Walker. >
"This is a shot that I'm genuinely fond of although it took me a while to get there. No doubt the first thing people will pick up on is its imperfections - the light, the framing, the timing, the subject matter. But for me, all these things are what make the image a success. The first photographer that came to mind when I viewed this shot was Daido Moriyama, whose grainy monochrome shots take advantage of the abstract interplays of light and texture found in the everyday. There's something gritty and urban about this shot. I'm particularly fascinated by the fact that the image seems to have been taken a second or two too late. For instance, on the right we can see a pedestrian just leaving the scene. The shutter speed isn't quite quick enough to freeze the action but this works just fine. The blurred movement offers the overall image another level of uncanny abstraction."
- Oliver Atwell, Amateur Photographer Magazine, March 2013
This is a list of some of the photography exhibitions, publications and websites my photos have been part of with photos of the events I've taken part in with my photography. Thank you to all the organisers and editors for your support of my photography.
Exhibitions & Publications list.
Welcome to AIN Photography. All my latest photos are on my Flickr Photostream.
Clicking on this slideshow will take you to my Flickr page.
For more information about my photography and the exhibitions and publications my photos have been in please scroll down the page. Thanks for visiting.
This is a gallery of my selected photography since 2011. My full photo collections can be found on my Flickr photostream.
Angela started A.I.N. Photography as a hobby in 2011. In July 2012 three of her photos were published in Amateur Photographer magazine when she came 2nd in the UK edition of the prestigious EISA Photography Awards. This was only the 2nd photography competition she had ever entered.
Her photos have been in five exhibitions including events for The Portico Library & Gallery, Manchester, Liverpool Art Fair and her first solo exhibition as part of the Didsbury Arts Festival in 2013.
She has also been published in Featuring Magazine, various online photography magazines including Amateur Photographer online and came 2nd at the Didsbury Arts Festival photography competition.
To publish or exhibit my photos please contact me at:
ainphotography (at) outlook.com
Please NO SPAM. Thanks for your interest.
- "One kind word can warm three winter months." - Japanese proverb
- "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." - Dalai Lama
- "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." - Plato
- "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Marty McFly, Back to the Future
- "Make someone happy, Make just one someone happy, And you will be happy, too." - Jimmy Durante
- Northern Exposure, Portico Library, Mcr, 8 framed prints, March 4th - 29th 2014
- Amateur Photographer Competition, shortlisted photo, February 2014
- Amateur Photographer Competition, shortlisted photo, January 2014
- Didsbury Arts Fringe Festival, 1st solo exhibition, 6 photos, 24-26 June 2013
- "Photographed", 2nd place winner, Didsbury Arts Festival Photo Comp, June 2013
- Liverpool Art Fair 2013, Liverpool, River Dee Boats, May 2013
- Amateur Photographer Competition 3rd place winner, March 2013
- Green Car Design, Nissan Figaro, Top 10 Best Car Photo, March 24th 2013
- Northern Exposure, Portico Library, Mcr, 8 framed prints, Feb 1-Mar 2 2013
- Featuring Magazine, Issue 3, The Beatles & Bicycles (10 photos) Jan 2013
- Amateur Photographer Competition, shortlisted photo, October 2012
- Nominated for Moonfruit Site of the Week, 21st September 2012
- BHF, Preston Guild, postcards & framed prints, May - Sept 2012. Sold out.
- Thyroid UK Tombola, Aug 2012, Clacton on Sea Air Show. 1 framed print.
- EISA Maestro, July 2012, AP magazine, 2nd place winner. 3 photos published.
- BHF, Preston, Dec 2011, 3 framed prints & postcards Sold out.
- ASIS Exhibition, Lowry, Mcr, Dec 2011, April Sunset. Last 25 of 150 entries.
- RNIB Lowry, 1st exhibition, Oct 24 - Nov 6 2011, 4 framed prints
- Thyroid UK 10th Conference, Oct 2011, Speckled Wood Butterfly.